General FAQs

Where do I register to Vote?
Residents can register at the Municipal Building, Monday-Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Registration can be accomplished via the mail by requesting a form from the Township Clerk's Office, 609-926-4085.
Where is the Municipal Building and what are the office hours?
The Municipal Building is located at 3515 Bargaintown Road, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey 08234. All offices are open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Click Directions for travel to municipal building.
How can I vote absentee?
Applications for an absentee ballot may be obtained either by phoning 609-926-4085 or by visiting the Clerk's office in the Municipal Building during normal office hours.
Who do I contact to arrange public utility services?
Who do I contact to find out about garbage and recycling pick-up?
Information about trash and recycling is located on the Public Works Sanitation Division page.
Where do I obtain a building permit?
Building Permit Applications may be obtained at the Department of Planning and Development on the second floor in the Municipal Building. The Building Department is open during normal business hours.
When do I need a building permit?
Building Permits are required for any type of new building (homes, sheds, barns), additions, dormers, swimming pools (above and below ground), finished basements, fireplaces and wood stoves, hot water heaters, boilers, furnaces (new and replacements), new air conditioning, gas piping, sewer and water connections, fire and burglar alarm systems, all plumbing work, all electrical work, siding, roofing, window replacement, oil and propane tanks. Contact the Building Department at 609-926-4122 for information.
How do I pay a parking or traffic ticket?
Traffic tickets and other violations are processed by the Egg Harbor Township Municipal Court at the Municipal Building. Some tickets require a court appearance. This information is provided on the ticket. Tickets may be paid electronically through New Jersey Municipal Courts web site at Use the Traffic Ticket Payment link located in the right column of the web page. Egg Harbor Township Municipal Court can be reached at 609-926-4195.
When is a Zoning Permit required?
A Zoning Permit is required prior to obtaining a Building Permit. New homes, additions, garages, sheds, pools, and fences all require a Zoning Permit. Contact the Zoning Officer at 609-926-4121 for additional information.
If I want to open a business or develop a property, who should I contact?
The Land Use Administrator can answer questions concerning development. Contact the Land Use Administrator at 609-926-4092. The Zoning Officer will answer questions concerning permitted uses in various zones. The Zoning Officer can be reached at 609-926-4121. Contact Township Clerk for Mercantile License information at 609-926-4085.
What is Egg Harbor Township's Population and Location?
Egg Harbor Township's Population is 43,323 (2010 Census). The Township of Egg Harbor is situated in the southeast portion of Atlantic County, approximately 7 miles from Atlantic City. With a land area of approximately 68 square miles, it is the second largest municipality in the county. The Township is bounded by Hamilton Township and Galloway Township to the west and north, respectively, the cities of Absecon, Pleasantville, Northfield, Linwood, and Somers Point to the east, Longport and Ocean City to the southeast and the city of Estell Manor to the south.
How do I apply for Energy Assistance, Food Stamps, Welfare, etc.?
Where are our local hospitals?

Shore Medical Center, Somers Point -

AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Galloway Township and Atlantic City -

Where can I find my local Libray?
1 Swift Avenue -
What are EHT's crime statistics and/or where can I find other related Police Department information?
Egg Harbor Township Police Department maintains their own website -
What public schools are located in Egg Harbor Township?

Egg Harbor Township School District maintains their own website -

CJ Davenport 2501 Spruce Ave 609-645-3550
H. Russell Swift 5 Swift Dr 609-927-4141
E.H. Slaybaugh 11 Swift Dr 609-927-8222
Dr. Joyanne Miller 2 Alder Ave 609-407-2500
Alder Avenue 25 Alder Ave 609-383-3366
Fernwood Avenue 4034 Fernwood Ave 609-383-3355
EHT High School 24 High School Dr 609-653-0100
Eagle Academy 3517 Bargaintown Rd 609-926-1235

How do I report a street light that is out?