Zoning Official: Pat J. Naticchione, Zoning Official
Zoning Officer/Zoning Official: Eugene Sharpe
Phone: 609-926-4121 Fax: 609-926-4003 Email: Zoning@ehtgov.org
Fee Increase, effective June 1, 2015
§225-91 Fees and Permits
An applicant shall be required to pay the applicable fees and/or costs.
A. Administration fees. The following application fee shall be payable to the Zoning Officer upon application:
(1) Zoning permit/certificate of conformity: $50
(2) Zoning letter of interpretation: $75. An interested party may submit a written request for a written determination from the Zoning Officer as to the zoning of a particular parcel or lot upon the payment of the stated fee.
B. Permit fees. The following permit fees shall be payable to the Zoning Officer upon application (per structure/building if multiple application):
(1) Zoning permit/commercial, new buildings, and/or additions and tenant fit-up to existing buildings: $100.
(2) Zoning permit/residential, garages, new single-family dwellings and/or additions to an existing single-family dwelling: $75.
(3) Zoning permit/residential, all accessory structures, sheds (drop off), pools, detached garages (drop off) and fences: $50.
(a) Fences residential $25/commercial $75
(4) Zoning permit/sign permit: residential $50, commercial pylon $75.00 and/or wall $50 per sign.
Zoning Permits are required as a condition precedent to the commencement of a use or the construction, reconstruction, alteration, conversion or installation of a structure or building. It acknowledges that such use, structure or building complies with the provisions of Chapter 225 (Zoning) of the Township Code or by a variance authorized by the Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment.
In order to obtain a Zoning Permit, you must submit an application with the appropriate fee. The following information is required:
1. Survey or a plot plan of the entire property showing all structure locations existing and proposed, all required setbacks, easements, and lot restrictions. If construction is a new single-family dwelling or a commercial entity, this plan must be drawn and sealed by a NJ licensed surveyor or engineer. Exception: decks, pools, sheds, fences, or detached garages may be drawn by the homeowner if the property survey is less than 5 years old.
2. One set of construction plans showing details and dimensions of all proposed structures, showing their total square footage, height, and the intended use of each structure.
3. Once a Zoning Permit has been obtained, you can submit an application to the Division of Inspections for a construction permit.
Zoning Permit applications normally take up to 10 business days to process. Contact the Zoning Officer for additional information.
If you live in a Flood Zone Area please check with the FEMA to see if a permit is required